About MiCLatest UpdatesConcert ListPast ConcertsConcert ProducersMusic Sheets Submit a ConcertContact MICWhat Is Film Music?Concert Music based on film musicSoundtrack RadiosLinksPrivacy Notes
Get all concert-info as soon as it's published with our
Check our additional concert and film music info on
27 May 2021 Moscow (Russia)
State Symphony Orchestra "New Russia" conducted by Nicola Giuliani (Italy) - Moscow International Performing Arts Center, Svetlanovsky Hall
Program Info: Music for the films James Horner - “Titanic” John Williams - “Star Wars” Howard Shore - “The Lord of the Rings” Nino Rota - “The Godfather” Hans Zimmer / Lisa Gerrard - “Gladiator” James Horner - “Braveheart” John Barry - “Dances with the Wolves” Maurice Jarre - "Lawrence of Arabia" Nicolai Piovani - “Life is beautiful” and more.
The image of Hollywood is created not only by eminent actors and directors, but also by great composers. Music enhances the magic of cinema, captivating the audience, and in the concert hall. Therefore, the concert shows of maestro Nicola Giuliani are so popular, in which hits of film music are accompanied by video projections from films. It is almost as exciting as watching a movie, but only ... the goosebumps are even bigger - the great magic of the movie is enhanced by live orchestral sound! The program "Hits of Hollywood. Oscar Film's Music »viewers will find an exciting musical-visual show, which contains the most famous soundtracks from Oscar-winning films:
- “Lawrence of Arabia” (1962), the epic film by D. Lin with the participation of Omar Sharif about the Arab rebellion, the author of the soundtrack is the French composer Maurice Jarre;
- The space epic Star Wars (1999) by J. Lucas, the music for which was written by John Williams is a five-time Academy Award winner;
- “The Titanic” (1997) by J. Cameron, a disaster film, the music of which was composed by James Horner;
- “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring” (2001), a film by P. Jackson, author of soundtracks - Howard Shore.
- “The Godfather” (1972), gangster drama F.F. Coppola, music by Nino Rota;
- “Life is beautiful” (1997), the Italian tragicomedy with Roberto Benigni and Nicoletta Braschi, for the music for the film, the Oscar statuette received Nicolai Piovani;
- “The Gladiator” (2000), the historical film of R. Scott, the music of which was written by Lisa Gerrard and Hans Zimmer;
- “Braveheart” (1995) is a large-scale historical film directed by Mel Gibson, who also starred in the role of Scotland against English rule, with music by James Horner.